Ensure the privacy with how to lock apps in iPhoneAugust 18, 2020
The android phone gives us the facility to lock the essential apps through password or pattern lock, but iPhone users have no way to do it. In the updated iOS version 12, you have the benefit to secure the iPhone apps with a password. If you want to know more about how to lock apps in iPhone, read the post till the end.
We have a belief in Apple Products and devices that are famous for the high performance and high efficiency. You can click excellent and fine quality pictures like a pro.
If you are going to attend the friend’s party and one person is holding an Apple iPhone, he is treated like the VIP person of the party hall and also becomes the apple of the eye.
Basically, it’s not an app lock, The iOS 12 update gives you the control to manage the app according to you. During midnight, all the apps that are positioned on your phone get unlocked. To lock the apps every day you have set a timer so any unauthorized person can’t see and access the data.
Passcode method to lock an app on iPhone/iPad
- Spend some time on the app, you want to lock with a passcode.
- There are few default programming apps that can’t be controlled through screen timer, which are Settings, Phone Wallet, Clock, and Find My iPhone.
- Now you have to go to the Settings Area to disallowed apps. To do this inside settings locate the Screen timer > Always Allowed > tap on – all the apps.
Now the actual process of app accessibility begins.
- Enter the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Locate the Screen Time, at the end you will get the option of Use Screen time passcode.
- Set the passcode that you can easily remember as you have to use the code to access the apps further.
- Here you can also see the status of Usage of every individual app and the name of your iPhone.
- Scroll down to see the different apps select the one, you are wishing to lock, If you don’t use any app all the day, you won’t see any app in the section of screen time. You can also check the status of the last 7days.
- Choose the app from the dropdown list, locate the Add limit for the app usage, then tap Done.
- When the ideal app usage limit comes to its endpoint, the will be grayed and if you try to open the app, any unauthorized person can’t open the app. Only the person that has the info of passcode can use the app.
- If you want to utilize your free time to check the social media app posts for a while and you have added the time limit for app usage and it is locked, then you have the option of “Ask for more time” from the time limit screen.
- Here you have to add the passcode, and on the screen, you have to select a time limit option that is15 min, 1 hour, or 1 Day. after this step, you will get an extra time duration for the app usage. When time duration come to end, it will be locked again.
How to lock apps iPhone(for all Apps)
If you have performed the above-mentioned steps and get familiar with the process, the following process will be easy for you.
- Settings > screen time > App limits
- Screen time Password
- Set Limit.
- When you will move over to next screen, choose “all apps and categories”, so all the app will get locked with just one tap.
- Tap on Next to navigate to another window.
- Set the time duration and press on add.
After this, all the apps get locked.
By the latest version of iOS 12, you will be able to maintain the privacy of your phone and all the apps that are operated on the phone. Try this how to lock apps iphone procedure and be sure about the data of the phone.